Join the partners of Lake Union Park for a one-of-a-kind family-oriented holiday event! Greet the Season at Lake Union Park features activities for all ages, including toy boat building, cookie decorating, crafts, music and dance performances!
The event opens at 10am and there are activities throughout the day and into the evening - activities and performances are staggered, so please check the schedule if there is something you don't want to miss.
MOHAI has regular admission 10am-5pm, with the Atrium open for free from 5pm-8pm. Other venues (Virginia V, Arthur Foss, Lightship "Swiftsure," M/V Lotus, and The Center for Wooden Boats) are free to enter; donations are gratefully accepted and some activities (such as Toy Boat Building) have a suggested donation.
The Christmas Ships depart from the wharf at Lake Union Park at 6:30pm, stopping in the waterway for a choral performance at 6:35pm; the carolers can be clearly heard from the Park and from the deck of the Virginia V. Hot beverages will be available.
- Open Ships & Dockside Tours
- Live Music
- Toy Boat Building
- Cookie Decorating
- Signal Flag Necklaces
Schedule of Events:
- 10am – 5pm: Regular admission to the museum
- 5pm – 8pm: Free admission to the Grand Atrium (galleries closed); hot cider & cookies provided by EatDrink
- 10am – 5pm: Make a maritime-themed holiday craft with Puget Sound Maritime
- 10:30am & 1:30pm: Gingerbread House decorating (Space is limited and charges may apply)
- 11am & 3pm: Living Voices performance of Klondike: The Last Adventure
- 12pm & 2pm: Evergreen City Ballet, The Nutcracker
- 5:30pm: Holiday concert with Miss Rose and Her Rythm Percolators
- All day: 15-20% off all merchandise in the MOHAI Store!
- 10am–4pm: Build a toy boat to take home!
- 10am–7pm: Open ship with free hot drinks, snacks, and ship tours
- 10am–6pm: Maritime Folknet presents live music until 6pm; crafts until 5pm
- 10am–5pm: Discovery Modelers Education Center presents signal flag making
- 10am: Marek Skoczylas, request a tune on the concertina
- Noon: David Kessler, the voice that brings songs to life
- 1pm: Bellevue Youth Choirs, joyful choral singing
- 2pm: The Whateverly Brothers, nautical and holiday fun
- 3pm: Common Ground Choir Academy, contemporary holiday music
- 4pm: William Pint & Felicia Dale, songs of sea and solstice
- 5pm: Strikes A Bell, big chantey sound filled with harmonies
- 6:35pm: From the deck, watch The Dickens Carolers perform on board the Argosy Christmas Ship Festival
- 10am–7pm: Open ship
- 11am–gone: Hot cider and cookie decorating
- 10am–7pm: Open ship
- 10 am–3 pm: Open ship and music
- 12pm-3pm: Edwardian decorations and story time
- 6:35 pm: From the wharf, watch The Dickens Carolers perform on board the Argosy Christmas Ship Festival
This event is brought to you by Amazon, 4Culture, the Museum of History & Industry, The Center for Wooden Boats, The Steamer Virginia V Foundation, Northwest Seaport, Maritime Folknet, Discovery Modelers, Bellevue Youth Choirs, and Argosy Cruises.